Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Bit of a Returning Rant
Star Wars: Shattered Equinox Forum Index » /dev/null » Bit of a Returning Rant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishida
Sith Lord

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Bit of a Returning Rant

I thought I should return and clear a few things up regarding the NR. I was apart of the NR for a really long time, pretty much since Aiya and all the way up to when I left SWSE for a time because I got sick and tired of being disrespected both in my faction and by the other faction and the stupid stuff going on. The fact is that in that time, the NR has ONLY ONCE EVER been on the same level as the Empire and probably never will be.

Let's take a quick look at the history of the NR and figure out why this is. The NR in the previous timeline began by an infiltrator winning the Chief of State election and only imm action preventing the Empire from running with it. Then half of the Admirals got captured, most of the ships got blown up, and then one got stolen, and only Caspian's absence, immortal action and a random AFK Lord Admiral basically prevented it from being a complete loss for the NR. Then Xaneth, myself and Gryffon teamed up and led the NR fleet to glory after the Imperials tried to blow up pretty much the entire NR fleet in Coruscant space while everyone but like one NR officer was asleep. Then we had Imperials roll NR characters, run the NR into the ground, leave the NR, join the Imperium, then blew up the fragments they left of the NR and merged the two Empire clans together. Then Sidian led the GA back into the galaxy and then we had stability and eventually the game went stagnant.

Defectors in the ranks, admirals getting captured due to shenanigans, ships getting blown up in OOC means, immortals having to step in later and save the NR pretty much happened in every single war at some point.

Why? One of the reasons is that the IR basically did whatever it wanted regardless of the reason because it felt like the immortals were always against them, so the policy has always been "Do what you want, ask forgiveness later." Even though the immstaff started becoming more hands off and neutral later on, the IR pretty much retained this policy. The funny thing is that the NR also felt like this sometimes, but instead of telling the immortals to screw off, we tried to work within the bounds of what they would let us do, and nine times out of ten, the IR got forgiveness later, we got the hammer. Case in point, trying to blow up the entire NR fleet above Coruscant space using a completely unauthorized spy to know an NR meeting was going on and constantly override shields is acceptable, but taking advantage of the space code is Xaneth getting helled for a week. Then you had the stupid situation that saw the Ace and Ackbar getting blown up, and the immstaff not giving a shit because they hated the Ace and wanted to take it out of the game anyway.

The other reason is that war basically caters to the Empire and the NR has always been completely inexperienced. I agree with the assessment that the NR was a "newbie sink" because it was pretty much true. How often did our ships get blown up because total newbies were given access to capships by some previous admiral, only to fly them into battle and get them all blown up. That's how Sluis Van happened. Rannel came back from a year long idle and still had access to capships and took our biggest and best ship and got it blown up over Hapes due to IR doing OOC bullshit. Newbies are how Ishida ended up dying in the first place. A bunch of NR players showed up one day and decided to go to Togoria and I logged in on one of those ships and I had to basically fight it out despite the fact that I shouldn't have been there in the first place, and neither should they have gone out on their own without my permission. I quit the GA as Selia because I got sick and tired of getting beeps from Rahjahk and even some of the immortals telling me that my officers were doing stupid shit again and again, and when I would tell them to stop doing it, they would just completely ignore me and keep doing it to spite me, and anyone I outcasted would then just join the Empire.

Forgive me for still harboring a bit of a grudge there, but it was stupid shit like that which eventually made me just swear SWSE off completely. If we can completely abandon this way of doing things, I'd definitely come back. As much as that Coruscant battle pissed me off, it still ended up being one of the most fun SWSE battles I've ever been in.

AIM: KTIshida
 Back to top »
Yaivenov
Forum Addict

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject:

You're a little late to the party.

Nekekami wrote:
Is anything really being achieved by these posts?

We will figure out how to handle Faction leadership when we are ready to restart the game (which isn't anytime soon).

Until then - why not do like Ciossk says? Focus this energy into an area of the rebirth that helps.

This has gone on long enough - if you want to discuss this, find somewhere else to do it. Post Closed.

-Nek

We all need to vent sometimes but I'm pretty certain that last sentence means somewhere not in this forum.
Sith Lord

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject:

As one of the spies mentioned so grievously, I feel the need to defend myself.

As a Captain in the NR's Navy, Dromis only provided information such as ship movements to the Empire (so that they could arrive with more ships than the NR and be completely unexpected), as well as refrain from engaging.

Dromis was paid quite the large amount of credits for this, and when I was found out, was it the Empire I ran to? No! I became an entrepreneur, joining Palantir and soon becoming its visionary leader and using the ties built with the Empire to assist them in further destruction of the Republic with the promise of planets to form my own sector.

However, war earns money, so I made steps to provide aid to the Republic after it was crushed to help them fight back... they're the ones that fucked THAT deal up. =)

No hard feelings Ish. It's all water over the bridge.
 Back to top »
darrik
Coder/Admin

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject:

The best thing about the IR/NR ooc wars was the claimed bias I ( me, personally ) had for the NR... and it was entirely due to the fact that the NR leaders asked me questions and brought up issues, whereas the IR leaders did everything they could to ignore me completely. ( Not counting how hard I had to come down on Imperial Vyr every few months when he did something absolutely ridiculous Smile ).

Yaiv and I finally spent a few hours discussing things, and it improved the situation dramatically Razz
Twi'lek Slave

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Dear Darrik,

The reason that people thought you favored the NR is because your mortal was on the NR's side and you used that mortal to your advantage. Also, you are kinda like a tightass NR politician would be in Star Wars, ya know? So people in the IR don't like you because alot of the reason why they'd play was to act like a hardass Imperial.. Oh... and the reason why the IR generally avoided you was because you wouldn't consider anything they would ask you for because you have a little kid boner for flexing your e-muscles and saying no to people who don't kiss your ass.

Oh, and if I had to guess... these 'issues' they brought up were probably someone from the NR crying about getting played by someone from the IR.

Last edited by Damonous on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
darrik
Coder/Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject:

Hi Damonous,

Thank you for once again posting. You benefit us all with your thoughts.

Just for the record, Pfalt was only on the NR's side when the IR was led by a Sith. After that, he was neutral. Several of the peon jedi were rather upset with me about it. Woob, for example, went off to the NR and piloted their capships since I wouldn't let him use ours. Pfalt also mediated at least two peace agreements.

DV
Star Wars: Shattered Equinox Forum Index » /dev/null » Bit of a Returning Rant
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: